Sunday, December 29, 2019

Joe Pickett Series


C.J. Box's Joe Pickett series has kept me entertained for a while. The series follows a Wyoming game warden, Joe Pickett, who gets involved in mysteries that have little or nothing to do with being a game warden.

Because of his propensity to become involved in law enforcement issues beyond his scope as a game warden, it is sometimes a little more difficult to suspend my disbelief on some of these novels. However, if I just go with it and don't pay attention to the unbelievable situations that Joe gets into, these books are enjoyable.

I will say, however, that compared with the other mystery series I've reviewed, the Cork O'Connor, Walt Longmire, and Sean Duffy series, the Joe Pickett novels aren't as compelling.

Still, if you're looking for somewhat brainless entertainment, these novels aren't a bad way to go. Though there's several flaws, including unbelievable situations and some unnecessary politics injected into some of the more recent novels, they've still kept me interested enough to keep up with the series.

No comments: