Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Favorite Running Podcasts


Last year I shared a post on some of my favorite running podcasts. Winter is a great time to listen to podcasts as many people are spending more time working out indoors. As a parent, I also like to listen to running-related podcasts as I clean around the house, fighting the never ending battle of putting away toys and doing dishes.

Below is an updated list of some favorite podcasts along with an article from Competitor Running about five more podcasts I'm also supposed to be listening to.

C Tolle Run
In another post I go more in-depth about this podcast, but suffice to say, it is excellent. Carrie Tollefson is local here in the Twin Cities, and her podcast's topics range from running, health, life, and to all their intersections. Listening while running, especially on the episodes where she interviews her guests on the run, is like listening in on a conversation as you run with training partners.

Marathon Training Academy:
This is a great podcast with lots of interesting guests, race reports, and tips for running. Though it's called "Marathon Training Academy," there is still plenty of good information for non-marathon runners.  have incorporated some tips, especially from guests, into my daily runs. I've listened to a ton of episodes, and have enjoyed almost all of them.

Personal Best
Rodale used to put out The Runner's World Show and Human Race, but although those two podcasts are over, as of this writing you can still listen to back episodes. In their place, Runner's World is putting out Personal Best, a podcast that encompasses all sorts of sports besides running. I don't enjoy it as much as Human Race and The Runner's World Show, but I have so many things to listen to right now that after a few episodes it's no longer on my list.

For additional podcast ideas, check out 5 Podcasts Every Runner Should Be Listening To.

In a few days, I'll also be posting about non-running podcasts you may enjoy. I'm thinking about doing a post about audiobooks too, but only if any of my readers would be interested.

Have you listened to any of these podcasts? If so, what do you think?

Also, would you be interested in hearing about some of the audiobooks I've enjoyed listening to while running?

No comments: