Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2020: It's Goal Time!


It's the start of a new year--heck, it's the start of a new decade--so it's time to set some goals. Let's jump right in:

1. Run at least 1,560 miles this year
In 2019 I just squeaked in over 1,000 miles after taking March off completely and not running more than 21 miles a week from February through June. This year I'd like to average at least 30 miles a week.

2. Break 18 minutes in the 5K
Last year I spent most of the winter and all of the spring injured and still managed a 17:59, so I'm hoping to go a little faster than that this year.

3. Submit a story to Runner's World
I've yet to have a story accepted for publication, but I'm going to keep trying.

4. Write 52 blog posts and have 48 of those finished by the start of December
No cramming this year.

5. Get to and maintain racing weight
This one will honestly be the hardest. I don't know what it is the past few years, but my self-control has just slid when it comes to food. I'm not an unhealthy weight by any means, but I'm still a fair amount heavier than back when I was setting my PRs. This year I want to snack less, eat fewer sweets, and eat more vegetables. Getting those things done should help me be back at racing weight for the fall running season.

That's it for this year. Anyone else setting a goal or more? I'd love to hear about it in the comments.

Happy New Year!

No comments: