Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Easy does it...

After a cold, rainy early part of May, the middle of May is starting to heat up. I can tell I'm from the midwest when 75 degrees feels really hot. I suppose it make sense--I've run a ton in temperatures between 20 and 50 in the last few months so to jump up to 75 is a pretty big difference.

It's week two of the post-marathon reverse taper. It's nice doing some easy running but I'm starting to itch to do something a little faster. Next week I'll get my wish by including a couple surges at HMP or so. Maybe I'll do some strides on Sunday to start things out. I guess I should be happy it's all easy running right now because I imagine if I tried to run a hard workout before I got used to these "hot" temperatures I probably melt onto the track.

I really need to start dragging myself out of bed and running in the morning again. Without having to put big mileage in it's too easy to wait until after work to get a run in. It's too bad I've been such a bum in the mornings because when I head to work it's been gorgeous out--sunny, great temperatures. I'm going to do my best to drag my lazy butt out of bed and get an early run in tomorrow morning.

No comments: