Saturday, October 24, 2020

Sponsor a Mile: Donate to World Vision

Last year when I ran the Twin Cities Marathon, I raised money for Team World Vision. World Vision provides agricultural training, access to clean water, and essential health care among others. When I raised money last year, I raised over $50 per mile of my 26.2 mile race. I dedicated a mile to each person or family that donated.

It was motivating and meaningful during the marathon to think about and thank people each mile of the marathon, and I felt good about helping bring clean water to communities in need.

Initially I thought I wouldn't do another run for charity for a while as I didn't want people to feel pressured by me too often to donate.

But, I decided that I did want to make a difference with my marathon (even though it's virtual) and raise money for a cause I believe in. I won't, however, ask anyone individually to donate. Even if just one person besides me donates, I'll be happy.

If you do want to donate, please let me know what mile you'd like to sponsor, and I'll put down your or your family's name on a wrist band and dedicate that mile to you.

You can donate at the World Vision Fund or on Facebook.

Thank you, and be well.

No comments: