Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Team World Vision Training - 4 weeks to go




First off, I want to again share my joy for the thoughts, well-wishes, prayers, and generosity that so many of you have shared with me as I've training for Team World Vision. I've surpassed my fundraising goal for Team World Vision and have raised over $50 per mile of the Twin Cities Marathon. That money will bring clean water to communities in need. 

My training this week was difficult, and there's now some doubt in my mind if I will be able to run the Twin Cities Marathon. For several weeks I've been dealing with a sore quadricep muscle, and now for a couple weeks I've been dealing with a sore ankle.

On Saturday, when I tried to complete my long run, I had to call Laura to come and pick me up because my ankle hurt even when I was walking and I didn't want to do any further damage to it. Later that day, however, it felt fine, so it's hard to tell exactly what's going one. I did a 20 minute run yesterday, and my ankle didn't hurt at all. There's a chance my ankle might have started hurting because I stopped using my Superfeet insoles (my doctor recommended them), so I'm going to replace those.

I also have an appointment in a week with a physical therapist who specializes in running, so I'm hoping he'll help me get healed enough to complete the marathon.

Here's a stat for this week:

In 2017, Team World Vision helped bring clean water to 3.2 million people.

Though I've already surpassed my fundraising goal, we can still do more! You can donate through my fundraising page: Team World Vision - Nathan Leckband, or through my Facebook fundraising page: Nate Leckband's Facebook Fundraiser.


No comments: