Thursday, September 26, 2019

Team World Vision Training - 2 weeks to go



This training cycle has me leaping from one pain to another. Last week my left quad, which has been bugging me for a few weeks ago, continued to act up along with my right calf. I got in to see a physical therapist, and he suggested some dry needling. So I agreed to have some small needles jabbed into my calf and quad muscles. 

My calf felt better after the dry needling, but my quad was about the same. Both pains didn’t bother too much on the handful runs I did. Unfortunately,  I felt flat on those runs. My legs didn’t have any pop to them, and I felt fatigued on almost every run.

On Saturday, I went out for a twenty mile run, and unfortunately my right ankle started acting up. Earlier when it acted up, it felt better after a day’s rest. The ankle started hurting just over eleven miles into my twenty mile run, and the pain came and went. Some miles it didn’t hurt at all, and others it was pretty sore.

After completing twenty miles, I feeling pretty confident I’ll be able to finish the Twin Cities Marathon. At one point I had visions of qualifying for the Boston Marathon, but at this point I’m just aiming to finish it and have fun.

I’ve surpassed my goal of raising $50 per mile for a total of $1310 for Team World Vision. Thanks to everyone for helping bring clean water to communities in need. You can still donate through my Team World Vision page: Nate Leckband - Team World Vision, or my Facebook fundraising page: Nate Leckband’s fundraiser.

No comments: