Sunday, September 15, 2019

Team World Vision Training - 3 weeks to go




Three weeks out from most marathons are known as “peak weeks.” A peak week is the week with the highest mileage and the hardest workouts. This week was neither for me.

Though I didn’t do what I’ve done for every other marathons I’ve race, I’m actually pretty happy with this week. On last week’s long run I had to call Laura to come and pick me up because my right ankle hurt so bad. I feared it was peroneal tendinitis, an injury I had on my left ankle that nagged me for months.

Thankfully, my ankle doesn’t hurt at all, and the sore quad that just won’t get better along with a sore calf are now starting to improve, A chiropractor did some pressure point thing to my quad, and on the next day it felt better than it had in weeks.

I’m going to see a physical therapist who specializing in running on Thursday, so I’m hoping he can help me get even healthier before the race. 

This week I ran 27 miles—pretty low for a peak week, especially considering almost every one of my past peak weeks have been 50+ miles. But, I’m feeling much more confident about the race. Now I’m just trying to decide if I should race it as fast as I can, or enjoy it, take it the sights and the crowds, eat every type of food offered, and finish without feeling like my legs have been worked over by a meat tenderizer.

I’m still accepting donations to Team World Vision vision to help bring clean water to communities in need. While I run the race I’ll be dedicating each mile to a donor or donors, so if you feel so inclined, make a donation before the race and I’ll run a mile in your honor.

Here’s a statistic on clean water access:

Worldwide, 144 million people depend on surface water for their water supply.

If you would like to donate to Team World Vision, feel free to visit my Facebook Fundraising page or
Team World Vision Fundraising page.

No comments: