Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 - It's Goal Time!

Happy New Year! We're starting the year off with some beautiful Minnesota weather, and by my calculations the temperature in Eagan at 12 AM on New Year's Day was -9 degrees Fahrenheit--the perfect goal setting weather.

I could go on about how I'm pacing the Polar Dash half marathon this morning. Race time temperature is forecast at -8. There's nothing like a beautiful Minnesota morning to start the New Year with some weather to remind you you're alive.

But enough about the weather, it's time to think about some goals for the year. I went and read my goals over the last few years, and just looking at my blog archive helped me come up with some goals for this year.

Goal 1: Set a 1/2 marathon PR.

Goal 2: Help a couple runners meet their goals.

Goal 3: Break three hours in the marathon again.

Goal 4: Ride my bike to work more than half the days in April and May.

Goal 5: Write more than 50 blog posts this year.

Goal 6: Read at least two books about running.

Goal 7: Raise some money for World Vision.

That should do it for the year. There are some other things I'd like to accomplish, but seven goals is enough. I'll try to remember to come back to these goals periodically throughout the year to remind myself what I'm up to.

Happy New Year everyone. Thanks to all my readers. Just like last year, you're invited to post any of your goals here, or on the Facebook link. Have a wonderful, blessing-filled year.

Happy Running!

No comments: