Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Cold Racing Time

It's time for my first race of the year, and I'm super-pumped. While pacing Polar Dash was fun (for awhile), I can't really count it as a race. My time of 1:40:50 will probably be an all-time 14 mile best since 14 mile races are very rare, but despite feeling Arctic-explorerly tough, Polar Dash was not a race kind of effort.


On Saturday, however, I will be running a race-effort. I am registered for the Yukon Days 3 mile snowshoe race. While I've only run in snowshoes once this year, I'm going to try to get out again tomorrow morning. I had a blast racing the Yukon Days 6 mile in snowshoes a few of years ago.




I was a little bummed that they didn't have a 6 mile snowshoe this year, but it's probably for the best. My right knee still isn't 100%, and now I'm having some issues with my lower leg on the other side. I was telling my chiropractor the other day that it's hard for me to remember a time when something wasn't sore in my legs. When I'm "healthy," I'm usually sore from higher mileage or tough workouts, and when I'm not, there's something bothering me in my hip, calf, knee, or whatever else can get sore in my leg.

I don't even care though. I love running and I love racing. There's something about competition that just gets me fired up. As of today, fog is in the forecast for Saturday, so the scenery should look as sweet as it did three years ago.

2011 Yukon Days


Happy Running!

No comments: