Thursday, February 25, 2010

Derailed

I finally decided that the pain in my left ankle means it's time to take a break--I'm hoping it's only going to be a day or two, but this morning there was just too much pain to keep my run going. I was going to run an easy 6 but turned around after about a mile and decided it wasn't worth it. I'm ten weeks out from my goal marathon and I'm hoping it's not too late to get this thing healed. 

It looks like what I have is most likely tibialis posterior tendonitis. It make sense because it's in my right ankle, which from what I've read is the likely spot if you're running on the left side of the road all the time. It also happens to be the ankle I broke last winter playing basketball, which could also be a factor.

It's too bad because my workouts have been going so well. I ran 11 miles yesterday including 4 X 1 mile around 6:04--almost 30 seconds per mile more than the workout called for. I didn't have too much pain in the ankle yesterday but today it was pretty bad. 

So, it looks like no running the rest of the today and most likely elliptical machine tomorrow. Then we'll see what happens on Saturday.

No comments: