Training for the Twin Cities Marathon has been going great! Better than I expected. I didn't think I would be in as good of shape as I'm in when I started training seriously a few months ago.
One big key to my success has been my lack of injuries. My foot has been a little sore off and on, but it hasn't hindered my running at all. I also had one day where I started a run and my knee hurt bad enough that I wasn't able to run. I was afraid that I might be derailed, but I took two days off and my knee was fine afterwards.
My weightlifting has also been going OK. I haven't been making big improvements, but I think the strength training has still helped me stay healthy and improved my speed.
I've done four 5Ks since I've started this training plan, and I've gotten faster on each one. I ran 21:32, 20:44, 19:13, and 19:06.
One thing I've really enjoyed during this training cycle is doing my long runs with my kiddo. He's biked with me for 13, 14, 18, and 19 miles. Not only has he provided good company on two hour+ runs, he also carries the water. We usually talk about camping and fishing, but occasionally touch on other topics.
Tomorrow I'll be racing the Healthy Human Race Half Marathon. I've got a goal pace in mind, so we'll see what happens.
If you're interested in my training in detail, here's a link to my training plan for this year's Twin Cities Marathon:
No comments:
Post a Comment