Monday, January 1, 2024

Goal Update



It’s New Year’s Day, a time to make some goals, or, in my case, give an update of the goals I made on my birthday. Here goes:

1. Run a marathon.

No progress on this one. I need to pick one out and register for it.

2. Do strength and mobility work at least 45 minutes a week.

I’m on track for this one. I’m averaging 53 minutes a week

3. Break 19:15 in the 5K

I probably won’t race a 5K until May, but I know right now that I’d be lucky to break 20:30.

4. Run 1,000 miles for the year.

I need to average 3.74 miles a day for this one, and right now I’m averaging 3.3 miles-a-day, so I’m on track. I did, however, have a little procedure that will have me out of commission for a couple weeks, so I’ll have to do some catch up. 

5. Hit race weight by May and maintain for the year.

My weight’s gone up and down with the holidays. I’m not making progress as fast as I want, this goal is still doable. 

6. Write 12 blog posts.

I’ve got a couple posts sitting in my drafts folder, so I’ll be on track for this one soon.

Two months into by 42nd year, and I’m feeling pretty good about my goals. I’m looking forward to staying on track for the rest of the year.

No comments: