Sunday, August 14, 2022

Running Update

In some ways, running has been going pretty well. I've hit 40 miles for a couple weeks in a row, and I've been pain-free during all of my runs.

Over the past few years my foot and ankles had been giving me some problems, but since adding metatarsal pads and Superfeet insoles, things have been much better.

In other ways, I'm not thrilled about my running. My speed just isn't coming back to even close to where it was before my foot problem. I'm trying to be patient and hope that at least some of my speed will come back. I've already resided myself to the fact that I'll never PR in any standard distance again, but it's still hard to accept.

I'm training for a marathon, and I'm trying to balance home responsibilities and spending time with the kids with putting in more time running and strength training.

When this marathon is over, I'll start to reevaluate what my running will look like.

Run well.

No comments: