Saturday, February 5, 2022

2022 Goals


It's that time of year again. I really enjoy setting goals for the year. I always have some stretch goals and some pretty doable goals. If I were to hit very few goals for the year, I would realize I made my goals too difficult, and if I meet all of them, I'd know they were too easy. Here they are:

1. Break 18:15 in the 5K
Same goal as last year. I ended up running 17:30 in 2021, but I don't see running under 18:00 this year with the amount of time I have to train and staying injury-free.

2. Run 1,000 miles
If I can stay healthy, definitely doable. 

3. Write 24 blog posts
I only wrote 14 last year, which was the lowest since this blog started in 2010. I'd like to write at least two posts per month this year.

4. Strength train an average of an hour and forty-five minutes a week
Stepping it up from an hour-and-a-half last year.

5. Run a marathon
Last year, due to injury, was the first time in 12 years that I didn't run a marathon. I hope to be able to run a marathon this fall.

6. Get to and stay at race weight
I made it to race weight last year, but only stayed there for a few weeks. I'm now well above it, so I plan to get down to race weight in a couple months, then stay at race weight plus or minus three pounds for the rest of the year.

That should do it for this year's goals.

No comments: