Wednesday, January 19, 2022

2021 Goal Results

 As I thought through the results of my goals this year, I actually did a little better than I imagined. Once again I'll do percentage results rather than a pass/fail.

Here they are:

1. Run 1,400 miles
Injury stopped me from getting even close to this one. I ran 871, so I was 62% on this one.

2. Break 18:15 in a 5K
Before my foot injury really started bothering, I got in some nice training. I also was doing plyometrics pretty consistently which I think helped my speed. I ended up running a 17:30 which was better than I did all of 2020. I ended up meeting this goal 104%.

3. Run an in person race
I ran a few of our local parkruns as well as a Run Minnesota 5K (where I ran 17:30). 100%

4. Finish a marathon
Injury kept me from this one.

5. Average one-and-a-half hours of strength training per week

100%

So, I met my goals 73%. A little less than last year, but considering an injury that really reduced my running, I'm pretty happy with how I did.

Have a wonderful 2022!

No comments: