Saturday, March 16, 2019

Hospital Anniversary

This year my anniversary of staying out of the hospital came and went without much of a notice from me.  In fact, it is actually my two year and one month anniversary. My one-year anniversary seemed like a bigger milestone, but while it doesn't feel like as big of a deal this year, it's still a good feeling to have been healthy enough to stay out of the hospital.

I've had a couple episodes of mild to moderate mania and depression in the past year, but none of them has been severe and none of them have lasted too long.

I've been fortunate to be on medications that work, and other than sleeping more than I'd like and having a bigger appetite than I'd like, the side effects haven't been too bad.

I'd like to thank all my friends and family who've been supportive of me through my highs and lows. The support of loved ones has definitely made it easier to cope with bipolar symptoms and has helped me continue to stay well.

No comments: