Friday, June 1, 2018

A New Season

Although summer doesn't officially begin for a bit, today marks a new season for me. The little one's preschool is not in session for the next week, so he and I will be hanging out together until the summer session starts.

Once his summer session starts, we'll be spending a lot of time together. I'll be coaching the Burnsville High School Summer Running program Tuesday through Thursday mornings. On Mondays and Fridays the little one will be with me all day along with Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons.

I'm going to be ambitious with my time home this summer. The little one usually takes about a two hour nap after lunch, which leaves me some time to myself. After not posting much on this blog for the last few months, my goal is to start putting out two posts a week this summer. There will probably be more typos than usual since my better half won't be proofing all of them, so please forgive any typographical, grammatical, and syntactic infelicities. My bigger goal is to finish the second draft of a writing project I've been working on by summer's end.

Besides big plans for the little one's nap time, the little one and I are going to do some fun things this summer: trips to the beach, zoos, the library, bike rides and parks should keep us busy this summer. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: