Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Favorite Running Movies: A Series


A couple weeks ago, Laura and I went out to a $5 Tuesday movie in Rosemount. We also joined some reward program, which meant free popcorn for both of us! Woot, woot!

We watched "McFarland, USA," the story of a cross country team of underdogs and their coach (played by Kevin Costner) in central California. Watching the movie made me think of all the other running movies I enjoy, and it also got me to check out and watch a couple of running movies from the library. I thought writing a series of blog posts based on categories of running films would be a good way to share some of these entertaining films.

That's right; I said categories of running movies. Running movies is not a category in and of itself, so I'll break things down into three categories: biopic, comedy/drama, and documentary. Stay tuned for my picks on the top movie in each category.

Happy Running!

No comments: