Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020 Goal Results

This was a strange year for goals. All the races I ran in 2020 were virtual, making running much different. It was also a frustrating year of injuries, so as a result my goals didn't go as well as I would have liked.

Here are the goal results:

1. Run at least 1,560 miles this year
Running injuries prevented me from making a real attempt at this goal as I took all of March off, but I did manage to put in 1,386 miles, so not bad for missing an entire month: 89%

2. Break 18 minutes in the 5K
I managed an 18:02 by myself, in the dark, with a warm up that was too short. I almost feel like I should get full credit for this one, but instead it's: 99.7%

3. Submit a story to Runner's World
I got stuck on this one. I didn't really have a good idea, and when I did get an idea, I didn't get it to go anywhere: 0%

4. Write 52 blog posts and have 48 of those finished by the start of December
Done

5. Get to and maintain racing weight
I made progress on this one and got down to the weight I was at for my first sub-3 hour marathon, but not to the weight of my PR marathon. This one goes down as: 95%

So there it is. I met 77% of my goals. Coming soon: goals for 2021.

Happy New Year!

No comments: