Saturday, November 10, 2018

End-of-the-Year and Goals Update

One of my goals this year was to write 52 blog posts by the end of the year. I'm 12 posts from meeting that goal, which means I need to average one-and-a-third posts per week to meet that goal.I think I can do it, but I'm going to forgo having all the posts proofread by my lovely and busy wife to keep cranking these posts out until the end of the year.

Here are my other goals for the year and their updates:

Average two days per week doing strength/cross training for my glutes/core/etc.
I didn't really keep track of this, but I did 2 - 3 days a week from January to March and at least 2 days a week most weeks after that. I'm going to say I met this one if I complete 2 - 3 days a week for the rest of the year.

Submit two stories to Runner's World
Done. Both will most likely be rejected.

Set a PR in the 50K
Not happening. Injuries kept me from running either of the two 50Ks I was considering.

Complete a 50 mile race
Same situation with injuries.

Break 17 minutes in the 5K
For some reason I just could not get my 5K speed up. I probably didn't run enough mileage and the early season injuries definitely didn't help.

It's hard to believe the end of the year is only a couple months away. Thankfully this year my goals went a little better than some previous years.

Run well.

No comments: