Saturday, August 4, 2012

100 Miles: Fin

I made it! This morning was a perfect morning for a long run--overcast, a little breezy, and not too hot. I began by pacing the 1:30 1/2 marathon group at the Minnesota 1/2 Marathon. That part went fine--I actually had a group for once, and about five or six guys and one gal stayed with me almost the whole time.

Anyhow, after grabbing some water, Gatorade, and a banana, I took off to run five miles at around my marathon goal pace. I ran back next to the race and said hi to a few other pacers. I went pretty hard and I was surprised that I didn't feel more tired or sore. I was afraid my legs would be too heavy to get close to marathon pace, but they felt fine.

So I'm done blogging every day for awhile. I don't know how much I wrote was worth reading, but it was a little motivating to know I was going to share how my training was going during my longest week. I'm sure a lot of what I wrote was boring, but if you've read any portion of this, I thank you.

Also, thanks to everyone for the encouraging words along the way this week. I really appreciated it.

Totals from SportTracks data:
104.95 miles
12:50:57
7:21 / mile average pace
longest day: 21.74 miles
shortest day: 10.22 miles
longest run: 18.05 miles
shortest run: 6.41 miles
calories burned: 12,876

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I am totally anal and that 0.05 mile short of 105 would kill me. Ha! Congrats on reaching 100+ miles though! I'm hoping to be there some day--maybe even in a couple of weeks?!?! (at least 100??) And with all those calories burned, you should have lost about 4 pounds, but I'm not convinced anymore that 3500 calories burnt equals 1 pound lost. I would love to drop a few pounds, but it is SO hard!!

Willie said...

Congrats Nate! All of it was worth reading and every mile you ran is priceless. thanks for sharing your week!