Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tri-ing it out

 logo
I'm racing my first triathlon tomorrow, the Rochesterfest Triathlon--it should be interesting. I was pretty committed to swimming earlier this year and worked myself up to a mile, but since then I've swam probably less than once-a-week. Biking hasn't been a heck-of-a-lot better. I've got one thing going though. I have been running quite a bit.

As I said earlier, I started my marathon training, and the running has been going pretty well. Last week was my last few days of teaching for the school year, and next week it's time to start summer. I got a few things going on in addition to running--I'm starting some graduate classes, leading a marathon clinic at the Eagan Running Room, and trying to find some sort of part-time job that fits in with my strange class schedule.

But before I dive into all that, tomorrow I get my feet wet in my first triathlon. I don't really know what to expect as far as the race goes. At least I know I can cover the distance in the water and on the bike. It'll be interesting to see how fast I can run a 5k after avoiding drowning and trying not to humiliate myself too much on the bike.

After the triathlon, I'll be completely focused on running. I'm hoping to be able to put in some serious mileage this summer--we'll see how that goes. In the meantime, I'll keep looking for some part-time work. Unfortunately, this blog doesn't seem to be bringing in any lucrative sponsorships or product review opportunities.

So, if anyone wants to throw some lucrative, preferably easy and entertaining money-making opportunities at me, that'd be great. In the meantime, send anyone anywhere near Eagan to sign up for the Marathon Clinic next week.


Happy running!


No comments: