Saturday, September 21, 2024

Team World Vision Training Update

Training continues for the Twin Cities Marathon as does fundraising for Team World Vision. These past couple weeks I've clocked some decent mileage and raised more money for Team World Vision.

This training cycle I haven't ran near the mileage I've run in the past for a marathon. I'm tempering my expectations and doing a couple of workouts that will give me an idea of what my goal should be for the marathon.

One workout I've done is a marathon-pace finish long run where I ran the last five miles at about what I think I could run the marathon. I didn't feel comfortable running at a 3:30 marathon pace, so I'm guessing my goal will be under 3:45.

Fundraising has gone well as I've raised $2,050 to bring clean water to communities in need. Fifty dollars brings that water to one person, so thanks to all my generous donors, forty-one people will have clean water.

Please consider a donation to Team World Vision. Your generosity will make a life-saving difference to a community in need of clean water. And, Team World Vision is a Christian organization, but it serves communities regardless of their religion.

Thank you to all of you who have already donated. And if you are unable to donate at this time, your thoughts and prayers for Team World Vision are appreciated. A link to donate is below:

Nathan Leckband's Team World Vision Donation Page

No comments: